Life has got the better of me this week and the blog has not for want of trying taken a back seat. I have half written blogs coming out of my ears. The week X that we are in has failed! Oh well.
I’m blaming the torturous sleep I’ve been getting. Baby CABS has well and truly hit a big 8 month leap in terms of development and is waking hourly at night. I know it’s just a phase but after 2 weeks of really rubbish sleep I’m starting to crumble!
Thankfully Dave gave me a massive back to bed lie in this morning that means I’m back on an even keel again. It meant this blog is going out late and I’m writing it in a cafe while the boys play at the park but heck that’s ok! On to my Happy Bits..
A moment of reflection looking back at some of the happy moments from the last week.
– My brother and sister in law came to visit for the weekend with a baby bump. It was amazing to see them and can’t wait to meet baby later in the year.
– Baby CABS is just learning and growing loads. She’s commando crawling and exploring all over. She’s adoring the Robot and will follow him everywhere, much to his annoyance!
– We had a day in the Lakes with my brother. We took a ride on a steam train and a boat. The Robot was in his element!
– Our adventure in the Lakes took us for picnics and parks. Two of the Robots favourite P’s. We also discovered the Robot eats peas too so we’re winning!
– I revisited the farm again this week with soft play and free scones. Glad I did because it’s cancelled for the holidays now!
– We have last play grouped to the max this week. Making the most of them before the looming 6 weeks holiday.
– A picnic at a new park with the Robots mates as a last play group farewell. Always a pleasure.
– I am thoroughly enjoying the 100 Days, 100 Blocks Challenge
– Had my first official messy play with baby CABS and the Robot together. I made them some slime and they enjoyed getting messy followed by a big splashy bath together.
– Gran to the rescue on Friday letting me have an afternoon nap with CABS while she took on the Robot. It made me function a little bit more. Heres a photo of Gran and Granddaughter together courtesy of my brother. He caught some brilliant photos of us all while they were visiting.
That is it for this week. I am sure I’ll be back on blog form again next week. Only 2 more weeks to go of the #abc123challenge and then I can sigh a huge relief! Fingers crossed that baby CABS starts to sleep a bit better or I’ll be finding this whole process a no goer!