Mess Free Finger Painting
If you saw my blog last week you’ll have read about my disastrous attempt at painting with the Robot. If you’ve been reading my blog a while, I have many attempts at painting with him. I live in hope that he’ll one day love to paint just like his Mummy does. We tried Mess Free Finger Painting back in April, again this didn’t really work. Today we’re trying it again.
With a step by step process… pictures this time.
- Hide the baby/toddler away while you set this activity up. A
cagecot is ideal. Aka nap time.
- Find some paper.
- Lay paper on to a table, in our case a bench.
- Tape it down so it doesn’t move.
- Add splodges of poster paint to the paper.
- Very carefully stretch cling film over the paint and paper.
- It’s fairly easy but having 4 pair of hands may be a bonus.
- I didn’t need to tape the cling film down but you may need too if the film doesn’t stick to your table.
- Let your child out of the cage and dress them up in a shirt to prove how clean this activity is.
- If they don’t investigate properly then you may want to show them what to do.
- Prod the paint and make it move.
- Mix it with nearby colours.
- Get really obsessed with it yourself as it feels amazing.
- Mix up the colours as below.
- Keep this up for as long as they are entertained.
- You can finish mixing it all up while they play with the lego.
- Depending on how sentimental you are you could peel the cling film off and let it dry out for the fridge.
- I rolled it all up and put it straight in the bin.
It really is that easy! So easy I made you a video of the Robot taking part…
We enjoyed this one! Did you?