The Easter holidays has almost come to an end now, the Easter bunny did not visit us, but the Robot has discovered his love of jumping so we have our own bunny. I swear he is trying to hop everywhere. It’s been a weird old slog the past 3 weeks with no usual routine and not much to do. We have survived and made it through. It’s almost like it’s never happened. This week has flown by, let’s take a look at..
The Happy Bits
A moment at the end of the week to take a look back at all the happy bits in my week.
– Last week I mentioned my best friend had come to visit. She left early at 8am on Saturday morning, we went and caught the train with her to go to an early morning trampoline session in Morecambe. The Robot loved it and I think Dave did too. I sat in the cafe drinking tea with CABS!
– The rest of the day was spent dodging the rain and wandering around town. It was a nice way to kill the day away!
– Being able to get a bit of exercise. Dave and I are still trying to tag team a bit of exercise at the weekend. I went off on my bike again. It’s nice to get a break from the kids and the house.
– We headed to our usual Sunday haunt of the Cinderbarrow rail way, a small steam train track not too far from us. It was closed for lunch so we headed into the woods and built our first ever den from scratch. I am sure we will go back and check if it’s still there next time we go!
– Roast dinners. I need not say more.
– With the impending full week of holiday left and not much to do I arranged to meet with my Mum friends at Greenlands farm. When we arrived this stunning peacock was showing off. It was a fab morning out with the kids getting a bit of exercise and us a bit of sun and a catch up!
– Dave and the Robot disappeared with each other on Tuesday morning leaving me to crunch some numbers and chill out with baby CABS. I value my Robot free time a lot recently!
– Another friend and another day. We headed into Morecambe again for a bit of lunch and then a play on the beach. The sun did shine and it was beautiful. I’m impressed the Robot stayed awake in the car on the way home after all the fresh air and food!
– Baby CABS in a high chair for the first time. She is a bit propped up but she is sitting and loves it. I text this to Dave and I think he’s excited about getting the Robots old chair out. It won’t be long until she gets to have some real food! I do not know where the time has gone!
– I’m very thankful for my friends. I couldn’t have made it through the week without them.
– I had another child and house escape to visit an open evening of my local fabric shop. I didn’t buy much but it was fun to escape after 7!
– The kids sleeping! They go down at 6.30 and 7 every night with very little fuss, the Robot sleeps the night and CABS wakes a few times. It’s making my parenting of two seem easy!
That’s about it for this week, I am sure we will find something interesting to do this weekend. With no plans and Dave working a bit it does leave me pondering! I am sure we will work it out. Have a good week. K