It’s been all about the birthdays this week. First, my not so little man with his tiny hands turned a whopping one years old. I love him so much, he is the best thing I’ve ever done. Secondly, although I consider myself to have only been blogging five months, my blog turns one year old today too!!
Please please please blogging world, let me have two birthdays. I quite fancy being queen like and having the two. I like cake a lot and presents but if all I received was cake I’d be content!
A whole year ago today I decided I wanted to blog! I’ve blogged on and off for years and failed miserably. I just never had the right subject matter, I was never motivated enough to make it work.
It was in my sleep deprived new first time mother state that I clicked a load of buttons and clacked a load of keys and set up my blog. Not for doing things by half though I bought my domain name and hosting so I could plunge right in…
It took another 7 months for me to kick start my blog. I’d done a few half hearted posts over those 7 months, I dare not delete them but I dare not read them either! I know they are poor but it’s part of my blog and I don’t want to part with them, at least not yet!
It was on the 20 something of February that I decided I needed to lose the blog or chuck myself in and make it work. I really thought long and hard about why and came up with these reasons. The main one being because I want to and have a subject I love and want to shout about, my son.
It was around this time that I spotted a personal ad from Mummy in a Tutu advertising for a Tribe. I think if it wasn’t for this advert I may have stopped blogging. I joined in with my first ever Twitter Chat – #TribalChat. Since then apart from a couple of holidays where, lets face it, the phone had no signal, I have spent some point of the day blogging, talking to bloggers or reading other people’s blogs. I love it, I love them, I love my Tribe.
I have developed a love of challenges:
I have my own linky party:
My most viewed post:
My favourite post:
My worst post:
Okay, so I don’t want to tell you this one!
What is next?
– My favourite thing about blogging are the other bloggers, I am hoping to meet some in person. I will achieve this as I am going to Blog On Manchester in September.
– I’d like to make it through to February next year to seal my 1st year as a blogger.
– I try not to obsess with stats but I’d like to see them continuing to rise each month, mainly because I think it’ll look pretty with one continuous line up!
– I hope that my writing style will continue to improve, it’s had its poor moments and I’m still a little dubious whether it is getting better!
– I won’t lie, I have had a couple of products to review and I’ve enjoyed it. If a few more came up I’d consider them.
– I want to find some balance with life and blogging. My blog is evolving all the time, I am trying to make it work but also make my family work.
– I want to take The Robot on lots more adventures and tell you about them all. I’m missing my bike, maybe if the weather agrees I’ll go on another trip soon.
– As my first point says, I love other bloggers, I’d quite like to guest post with a few of them. Maybe host a guest series on my own blog!?
Thank you for taking the time to read my Blog Birthday post, I am definitely calling it my (Non) Birthday because I still feel like a novice in a world of pretty awesome bloggers. Roll on February, I will celebrate again!
Do you have any tips or ideas for me? I’d love for you to share them with me in the comments below.