This was going to be a blog post about all the things the Robot loves about bath time. This kid really loves bath time! Anything water related and he’s all there with bells and whistles on. We’ve hit a little stumbling block though, he keeps pooing in the bath!
Not every night thankfully but we can count the times on more than one hand now. How on earth do you deal with this situation calmly! You just can’t, but tips on how we deal with it will follow after I honour my initial blog post…
The gosh darn plug. We had to remove the chain because he used to pull it out all the time. His pincer grip is getting so good that he can get it out without it now. We have to push it in do hard that we can’t get it out sometimes, this suits the Robot though as it means he can stay in it! Dare we remove the plug and not give it to him to play with, all hell breaks loose!
The anticipation is unbearable, he’ll hang on the side of the bath reaching for the water. He can now get his hand under the cold tap while it’s running, causing a big splash. Try and remove his clothes at your peril.
Sorry I have no picture for you on this one but picture the scene… SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH! Water everywhere!
THE TOYS THE SHAMPOO
Nothing in reach of the bath is safe, the shampoo lives on the window sill, not at bath time! Shampoo bottles are to be played with, lids are to be opened, contents ruined… The toys live happily on the window sill too they really are just another chew toy, these poor fish. The duck looks so sad with his drawn on eyebrows.
NOT GETTING OUT
No Mother, No Father! I do not wish to get out of the bath. I will protest, I will kick and scream, and cry, and cry. I will not make the end of bath time a pleasant experience for you. Bath time is just that great.
I’ve made you read this far and this is why you really came…
HOW TO DEAL WITH BATH TIME POO?
- PRAY – Pray it doesn’t happen on your watch! (So far it’s been in dual parenting mode)
- NOTICE – Yep, he doesn’t do his poo face in the bath. Notice the brown stuff happening…
- PANIC!!! – He’s done a poo, he’s done a poo!!!
- GRAB – The child, not the poo!
- DEBATE – Ok there is never any debate, I hold the child. Dave has to clean the poo away.
- GAG – All me – I change nappies all day long, a floating poo just makes me gag!
- ASSESS – Hard poo, runny poo what to do??
- HARD POO – Wet wipe grab & flush
- RUNNY POO – Let the water run down
- SHOWER – Get the shower on
- WAVE – Yes make the child wave good bye!
- PLACE – Put the child in the bath
- SHOWER – Again, rinse the child off
- DARN IT – The Kid loves the shower too now
- SWEEP – have a quick check that the grown ups are clean
- BATTLE – The child out of the bath again.
- DRINK – Wine not tea
- TILL NEXT TIME
- AND NEXT
Have I missed anything?