The outdoors is my friend! If I could spend all day outside I probably would. Spring is fast approaching us, and we’ve been getting some really nice sunny Winter days, its giving me hope, hope that me and the Robot can go on more adventures very soon.
Now I could use some old folk lores, watching the cows to see if they are laying down, looking for moss on trees, is that a red sky at night or the morning, but lets face it that is all rubbish, I swear by my BBC Weather app. It’s one of the most opened apps on my phone. Looking for that little grey cloud amongst the rain, is that a sun in that rain cloud, Sun, how exciting! On particularly rainy days, it’s a god send, I love to plan ahead and get out of the house, if I can look ahead on a rainy day and see that at 2pm we’ve got a grey cloud window. I’m there with my shoes on, baby in sling, ready for a quick power walk.
We’ve always taken the Robot out for a walk, in fact there are 3 days in his life where he failed to go outside:
- His birthday, even I wasn’t allowed out on that day!
- His 3rd day, I just wasn’t up for going out on my first full day home!
- Christmas day, my traditional Christmas morning walk went out the window, it just rained all day!
It rained all boxing day too, but in protest, Robot went in the buggy and we went tag team running. Robot slept, we got soaked!
Being alone on maternity sometimes sends me loopy so getting out for a walk is my best option, I’ve named them;
- “The 30 minuter”, because it’s 30 mintues
- “The Cow Track” – it goes down a track walked by cows, have to dodge pat!
- “The Labour Loop” – The walk we did the day Robot wanted to come into the world, I had to be rescued on this as my waters had gone.
- “Tescos and back”, because it is a walk to Tesco and back.
- “The Shops”, I visit all the charity shops and supermarkets looking for bargains.
These are all loops, and adding the word “reverse” to them suddenly makes the walk a little more interesting! There are others, but these are my regulars, that I do alone.
None of this would be possible if I didn’t plan around the weather, well it would but I don’t like getting wet intentionally. Oh, I also just look out the window too!