We’ve been on holiday this week just gone. I demanded to Dave that our first proper camp with the kids needed to be a lot less remote than our usual Scottish trips so we opted for Northumbria. With family and friends nearby I figured it would be better should everything go wrong we can bail to them! What I didn’t think we’d encounter was all the wind!!
All the nice weather and beach visits we’ve had recently meant that the attraction of finding a campsite next to the beach was high. I found a nice basic one near Druridge Bay. The wind really put a dampener on our first few days away but I don’t want to dwell on it because essentially we had a nice time. I’ll save it for another blog post, for now on to…
The Happy Bits
– A fun day with my Mum at home while I got some pre-holiday tidying and packing done.
– Baby CABS sitting unaided for the first time:
– Having the stove in the car for cups of tea anywhere!
– The fun fuelled excitement of going to go camping.
– The fun of visiting Castles and discovering their many rooms to jump out of scaring each other.
– The Robot getting to drive the car on the campsite.
– Baby CABS sleeping through the night two nights in a row.
– A lovely evening at the pub, nice food and nice weather meant everyone was happy!
– Evening strolls on the beach, if you can call what the Robot does a stroll.
– Day time strolls along the beach with a cafe visit of extreme proportions.
– Walking on walls (The Robot)
– The wind dying down and the sun arriving while we packed up for a leisurely exit to the camp.
– Having a nice tent set up to allow the kids to hang out.
– Putting away dry tents!!
– It wouldn’t be a holiday without a trip to the trains. Happy men in my life.
– Visiting Dave’s sister for a night. Such a pleasure.
– Making the right decision to come home a couple of days early!!
There you have a nice little snap shot of our holiday. I’m sure I’ll write-up a post soon when my mind finally melts the things I don’t want to remember away!
This weekend is going to be a relaxed one with chores and making sure we can get back in the zone of non holiday life. Hope you have a good one!
Here’s a snapshot of my Makes for the month: