I’m really struggling with getting things done lately and blogging has taken a side step. This is perfectly fine by me though as it’s impossible to do everything. Still running the #FamilyFun linky though has really given me a bit of a boost this week. I love reading the blogs in my little community and some have given me some real inspiration this week to get typing.
I used to swear by writing a weekly happy days post to make me feel better but for some reason I stopped, it became a chore. Jakijellz wrote a 10 That Make Me Happy post this week that made me want to at least take a look back at July and see if I can pull together some happy moments…
– Carnival that goes passed our house followed by a lovely summer walk round The Crook of Lune.
– The Robot turned 2 and I am immensely proud of him on a daily if not hourly basis.
– We went to Wales, which I’ve still failed to type up.. must get on that! Meeting up with family and making new friends is always a bonus. The onesies are also something I need to share with you!
– Dave had a couple of ‘quiet’ weeks with work so we got to hang out as a family a bit more.
– My Mummy friends and kids all went on a day trip on the train to Grange over Sands. Duck feeding, picnics and play park fun.
– The Robot learnt to climb out his cot which with a bit of panic meant a quick move to the toddler bed. So far he’s not fallen out or kicked up a fuss at all!
– Dave has been my dinner cooking rock this month, pretty much as normal, but it’s worth mentioning as I’m utterly shattered and thinking about cooking is beyond me!
– I found a home hairdresser that I like and will happily use again.
– I’ve been baking sugar free biscuits a lot this month for me and the Robot but not really hitting the spot I was inspired by Bobsy Mums Oat and raisin cookies. They are yummy!
– The splash park. I had been putting it off for weeks. I braved it. The Robot spent most of the time running around the outside of the water rather than getting wet. We’ll definately go again this summer!
– The Robots first painting that I didn’t help with at all. Proud a little. I refused to call all those first paintings his as I always helped him out a little trying to show him what to do. Here is the result:
– Personal shopping at Debenhams. I hate shopping and with 3 weddings next month I needed a new dress with bump room. Child free couple time too which is a treat that only happens when the Robot sleeps!
There you have it I think that’s a nice little list there. I can’t believe that I used to do a weekly version of this. It has reminded me that I might have to do it manually even if I don’t do it digitally that often. It’d be a shame to miss some important memories because I got lazy!
We still have a couple of days left of July and we’re spending them with my Mum celebrating a new park that is opening at the back of her house. I think the Robot will be spending some very happy moments here over the coming years!
Hope you are all well and are embracing some happy in your life too!