Happy Days is a process for finding the happiness in every day and is something that I enjoy doing with Katy and Sian each week, I really feel it adds value to my life. It allows me to make the most of each day and leave it on a positive note.
Wow this week has literally slid past. It only feels like yesterday that I was writing my whole year post. I’m writing this on Saturday morning for a change while Dave takes the Robot to feed the ducks. Friday didn’t really happen for us and I couldn’t summon the energy to pop the lap top open and type. On it now though, here are our happy moments this week:
– My Twitter account reached 5000 followers! This happened a few weeks ago and I just forgot to mention it. Oops.
– Dave had Saturday off and we spent the morning at Leighton Moss RSPB Nature Reserve. It’s free to go in if you go by public transport, as the train station is so close we decided to take the train. It was raining and windy so we had a short and sweet visit and I’d like to go back in nicer weather. The Robot loved running around in one of the hides, thankfully it was only us because the bird watchers would have frowned at the screaming, as would the birds.
– After a couple of weeks into our new nap regime it seems to be working. The Robot is eating more and sleeping better at night so this is a result. We’ve been a bit snotty this week and being on the go all the time we ended up having a day time cuddle and 2.5 hourr nap together. Completely breaking the rules to the hour nap time but so needed from both of us!
– Sunday and a relatively nice day the Robot and I spent the morning emptying pots in the garden. A spur of the moment decision later and we arranged to meet Gran at a garden centre to buy some bedding plants. It was the Robot first walking experience around a garden centre, so much to touch and run around. We treated ourselves to a pot of tea and scones.
– After a couple of weeks away from playgroups we finally got back into the swing of them. They had a water table out this week and the Robot got drenched at it. The one time I didn’t take a change of clothes with me is the time I needed them! We survived though.
– I have never really bought lots of extravagant things for the Robot we’ve tended just to make do, so I don’t know what possessed me, I bought him a slide. It arrived during nap time and I’ve never seen him wake up so fast when he spotted it. Needless to say it was a big hit and he loves it.
– On the subject of buying things, I treated myself to some daffodils. I love them.
– We managed to have a flying visit to the farm too this week to see the lambs. The Robot surprised me that he was willing to stroke them, normally he’d shy away from them. Gentle hands!
That’s it for this week. We’ve not got plans for the weekend but we do have Daddy Dave around all weekend so lots of quality family time. Hope you have a good week.