Happy Days is a process for finding the happiness in every day and is something that I enjoy doing with Katy and Sian each week, I really feel it adds value to my life. It allows me to make the most of each day and leave it on a positive note.
Okay okay, I’m having an epic Mummy Blogger fail of my usual Saturday Morning deadline this week. The brilliant thing is though it really doesn’t matter, that glorious saying “My Blog, My Rules” is definitely in play. We’ve not had the most amazing of weeks here in the Two Tiny Household and I really couldn’t summon up the effort of writing this post for said deadline.
So here I am Sunday evening while Dave watches Top Gear, drinking beer, putting something at least a little bit happy down in text for all those little moments that made me smile. Rolling back to last weekend…
– Dave’s work has finally calmed down a bit and he’s getting weekends off properly again, with rubbish weather we had a really normal average Saturday where we managed a bit of shopping, a mini walk and plenty of down time.
– I completely failed at taking my camera out on our first bike ride of the year, we cycled to Arnside, played on the beach and ate bacon sandwiches. A fun little adventure for us. I’m really looking forward to warmer weather so we can do this again with picnics and buckets and spade!
– For all my messy play activities I have been avoiding doing regular painting with the Robot, we’ve had some fails. We did a couple of mini paint sessions this week though and even though they were indeed mini he did a request to do it the next day too.
– We gave the Robot a bit of a hair cut, it was getting unruly but not quite long enough all over to go to a hairdressers so I gave him a little bit of a snip myself, success!
– I’d been doing so well cutting out the sweet stuff that I treat my self to some mini eggs. Yummy.
– The Robot has been painful this week, getting up before 5.30am most mornings, thankfully later each day but it’s had a knock on effect with my energy levels (hence the mini eggs). It’s all been about the nap times because of this…
Napping together, napping in the buggy (The Robot not me), napping alone, early nights, pleas to Dave take him downstairs so I can stay sleeping, generally feeling like a zombie most of the week. He does look so peaceful, I just wish he would stay asleep a little bit longer…
With that I am going to leave you alone and go enjoy the rest of my evening, all 10 minutes of it before I go to bed and start the week again…. But, I’ll leave you this quote that I am sharing with Candid Cuddles with Becky and Prabs:
Have a good week x