Happy Days is a process for finding the happiness in every day and is something that I enjoy doing with Katy and Sian each week, I really feel it adds value to my life. It allows me to make the most of each day and leave it on a positive note.
Another week has just flown by and I’m slipping into old tricks by not keeping track of what I’ve been up to. I’ll try my hardest and let you know what our happy moments have been this week… I think I’m winning!
– When the Robot was really little we always said we should make the most of going out for meals with him now. We had horrible scenarios in our heads of unruly toddlers running and screaming around restaurants. Well he is really proving us wrong. We often take him out for meals now and we went to Natland Mill Beck Ice cream parlour at the weekend for lunch, he was a complete angel and even ate his food like a pro. We didn’t even buy Ice cream! Shock!
– We don’t have a drive outside our house and often have to park the car a few streets away, it means that illusive transfer of sleeping child to cot is pretty impossible…. Not this week. I carried him through the streets and into the house fast asleep on me in the icy winter breeze. It was brilliant, Dave was home too so I took the opportunity to escape for a quick bike ride.
– The Redmayne Ramble is a short 3 mile Geocache series near where we live. We took off as a family and the Robot did his best walking yet. He was content walking unaided for such a long time uphill through the woods. He slipped over loads and got really muddy but he really enjoyed himself. Getting him back in the carrier was difficult when we wanted to speed up near the end!
– I love the weekends when Dave is home. Even with Daddy home the Robot kicks off when I leave the room, so when I said I was sneaking off to use the loo I didn’t return for an hour so I could have a sneaky bath! #MummyWin!
– We used the Cardboard Box from our Christmas activities to create a cooker for the Robot. My Mum and I got busy while the Robot napped and made this marvelous creation. Check out my How To Make a Cardboard Box Oven.
– The Robot had an early nap time after play group which meant we had the whole afternoon to entertain ourselves. We took the opportunity to go out to our local zoo, The Wildlife Oasis. It’s quite a small one and most the animals are small and hiding at the moment but it gave the Robot chance to burn off a little steam outside and for me to have cake at the cafe.
– It was 2 weeks ago I mentioned getting to 400 followers on Pinterest. I know not a massive landmark but I’ve been really concentrating on growing my following here. Well 2 weeks later I am thoroughly enjoying myself and literally just notched up to 600 followers while I write this. Slow and steady is the game! I have a goal for February that I want to hit, are you following me?
– I really have got out the habit of taking photos. We have thousands from when the Robot was a newborn. I have been worrying about the quality of the ones I capture of him now. He moves and he’s often grumpy. I have a plan. The Robot loves cheese and will often repeat the word cheese if we tell him too. Look what we can get now:
It’s good isn’t it!?!
We’re leaving Daddy at home and going to London town for the weekend to visit my big brother. A whistle-stop tour but one to look forward too. I hope you have a brilliant week whatever you do..