Happy Days is a process for finding the happiness in every day and is something that I enjoy doing with Katy and Sian each week, I really feel it adds value to my life. It allows me to make the most of each day and leave it on a positive note.
This is a bit different his week, it’s been a whole year since I started writing these style of posts. Normally I’d label what number I’m at (47) But I’ve got to the point now that the number doesn’t matter so I am scrapping it for all future happy posts.
Recording my happy moments weekly has become a habit that I enjoy and when Friday rolls around I’m all geared up to look back… I must apologise to those that have a read each week recently, because I’ve been cutting back on blogging these posts have been getting longer and longer! Some of things I’d normally just write a separate post for are being squeezed in here instead!
On to some happy moments;
– The Robot is just getting more and more amazing as the days go by. He’s giving us hugs and kisses when I ask him too, and they make me feel REALLY special! His new favourite game is “catch”, we basically run around the living room chasing him and catching him. So many laughs and giggles, I’ve started making obstacles and interesting things to run around.
– Dave was working again this weekend and I got to meet up with one of my friends for a drizzly walk and a cafe treat.
– The Robot has new shoes! They have lights, he enjoys stamping around making them work.
– All the hard work Dave has been putting in means he’s been flagging a little this week and he clocked off early on Wednesday to spend the afternoon with us. We took off and walked to the next village for a sneaky afternoon drink.
– The dreaded Mummy sin of eating your kids food has caught up with me. With this in mind I’ve been more cautious with what I am eating and I went an impressive 5 days without eating any sweet treats. I then made some flap jack without sugar to munch through but it’s all a step in the right direction.
– I managed to pick up conjunctivitis but luckily didn’t pass it on to the boys. Yes I am happy by this as I dealt with it by us not leaving the house properly for a couple of days much to the Robots dismay.
– Only kidding, we went out loads but we pretty much hung out on our own so as not to pass it on to anyone. The wonderful Angela from Life Motherhood and Everything wrote this post about getting back in the garden and totally inspired us out in our yard to do some weeding, this kept us occupied!
The Postive Moment Project
As this is a sort of anniversary post I am reminded of the people and bloggers that really inspired me when I started blogging and one of these people is Becky from Cuddle Fairy. I featured in her Happiness series last April and have enjoyed reading other bloggers answers since. She runs a linky called Candid Cuddles a place to share quotes and I’ve been looking for a way to join in.
One thing I have loved about taking part in Happy Days with Sian and Katy is getting to know the bloggers who regularly link up, it’s not massive so there is always a good chance to read a few more than the minimum. I have been on the look out for a new place to hang out and get to know some different bloggers and think that Candid Cuddles is right up my street.
The Postive Moment Project??? I hear you ask… Well it’s a place of positivity over on Pinterest where myself and a few others (always more welcome) share positive and happy things, be it quotes, blogs or pictures. It’s just starting to take shape but I am going to use this opportunity to start picking a quote of the week to add to this board and also link up to Candid Cuddles. Here’s what I am sharing this week:
There you go, there is my new plan for Happy Days going forward and the end of all the fun from this week. We don’t really have any plans this weekend as alas Dave is working again but I wish you all well and have a happy week.