Happy Days is a process for finding the happiness in every day and is something that I enjoy doing with Katy and Sian each week, I really feel it adds value to my life. It allows me to make the most of each day and leave it on a positive note.
Woah, it’s been a long and tough week. After one too many battles with the Robot to get him to go to sleep at a reasonable time we have decided to cut back on his day time nap. He was happily capable of sleeping two hours plus in an afternoon and we felt this was impacting on our night regime. Don’t get me wrong the long afternoon nap has been quite beneficial for having time to myself but when he stayed up past 9pm and then some I never felt like I got an evening.
It’s meant my days have been fun packed and full on entertainment central while I try to fill those extra hours in our day. I just don’t feel like I’ve stopped at all. He has been going to sleep at 7ish though so it seems to be working. Anyway, let’s take a look at some of our Happy Day moments from this past week…
– The sun has been shining and I actually hung the washing on the line outside. A first for 2017. Plus daylight at 5pm meansit really is good progress into the year! That reminds me, I really must sort my back garden out to be more child friendly!
– My prize from winning the #TribalChat Inspirational award arrived. Cookies. Need I say more?
– We (The Robot and my Mum and I) spent the weekend in London meeting my brothers fiancées family. It was fantastic to meet them and I can’t wait to hear more wedding plans in the coming weeks. I think I’m a tad excited for them both!
– I won January’s Coombe Mill blog of the month. It really is an honour, with the bonus of some Rockfish Wellies. It was for my write up of Christmas time at Coombe Mill, I am positive Fiona wasn’t biased by it all! That reminds me I do have one final post I need to write-up from my holiday but it’ll have to wait for another day.
– We went on a steam train!! Dave took the day off and we took a ride on the Tornado. It was a great day out and we even got in a quick hello with Dave’s parents.
– We had a play date with one of the Robots friends. They are so cute together and play so well. They like to follow each other and when they sit down for snacks with each other it makes our hearts melt a little.
– During said play date I got all inspired to make a veggie lasagna for tea. We don’t tend to go veggie for meals nowadays but OMG it was amazing. I surpassed my cooking prowess with this one. Left overs a plenty meant we were covered for two nights worth of meals!
– After eating the cookies that I mentioned above I had a massive downer about how much rubbish I’ve been eating. I’ve forced myself off the cake and biscuits and I’ve gone a whole 3 days sweet free. Man I’m craving a lot but I’m proud of myself I haven’t gone that many days in years.
– I’ve not mentioned it in a couple of months but I’m still happily volunteering at the Morecambe Bay Sling library each week. It’s often really busy but this week was a little bit more chilled out and meant we got to have lunch together – or should I say the toddlers got to eat lunch together. Why not give our Facebook page a like? I can guarantee some really cute cuddly slingy babies!
– A trip to Ulverston with Gran to see a special dentist meant a lot of hanging around with the Robot in a waiting room. Not a very inspiring way to spend an afternoon. Saying that though I went home with a smile on my face. It seems that a change of scenery is as good as a rest and a great way to spend the last day of my week.
Think we have a bit of a low-key weekend ahead. I’ll look forward to sharing it with you next week. Hope you have some many Happy Days ahead of you.