Is it just me or are the weeks just flying by, really quickly? Can’t believe we’re nearing the end of August already. 2016 is going to be over before we know it! Swiftly on to our happy moments of this week:
– Rather than going straight for a shower I decided to give the Robot the opportunity to paint in the bath. Then when we were done I washed it all away! The Robot really loves his painting sessions!
– A rather rainy Sunday meant we were stuck indoors for a large part of it. In the end we stuck our coats on and caught the train into town and had an early pub meal out! It’s the first time I’ve opted to carry the Robot while in a coat.
– I won 2nd place in Coombe Mills Christmas competition! I am beyond excited that we’ll be spending Christmas in Cornwall!
– I’ve decided to take a “let the Robot get messy” approach to parenting. At play group he’s getting a reputation for being a wet and muddy child because he finds the water station first and then goes and plays on the grass and mud! He found the paint station this week and proceeded to get paint all over him, then carry out his obsession with switches and get paint all over the walls too! He’s having fun so I don’t mind and the staff are okay with the mess too!
– On that, he’s found out that he can sit in the trug bucket outside. He did this twice in one day getting absolutely soaked and I changed his clothes about 3 times that day. I now tip the water out when I get outside to save some time, he still gets muddy but not wet.
– I had a debate with Dave about getting a new smoothie maker, he says the one I have is fine. I however disagree, it’s old and I always make too much and have to store it in glasses in the fridge. To prove a point and hopefully get a new one I’m using my old smoothie maker and I’m happy to say I’ve got back into smoothies again! To solve the storage in the fridge problem I’ve been using my new Nutri-fill-Its* to store any excess from my blender. Result!
– After about 4 months we now have a got half a tiled kitchen! Go Dave! He’s having an odd job week so we are seeing some good things being done in the house!
– We went to my cousins wedding. It was great to see all the family again and celebrate together. It’s always nice to see Dave dressed up smart too, here are my boys doing me proud:
– We fitted in a family bike ride in the sun and collected another 2 geocaches! It resulted in a little bit of off roading and through a farm with barky dogs, and being chased by hungry sheep. The Robots answer to all this was to baby talk at them! We lost a sock.
– Lastly I haven’t made any little home movies for the past couple of weeks so I’ve made an effort to do so this week. The pine trees that shaded our garden got cut down at the start of the year. Our gravel has years of pine needles mixed in and now we have no pine needles adding to it we are slowly sifting the soil out of our gravel! It’s a slow job but it’ll be worth it in the end:
Have you had a good week? We’ve no plans for the weekend so we will just have to see where it takes us!
* we received the Nutri-fill-Its for the purpose of review. They genuinely are useful and are doing the job I needed them for so that’s a bonus! Keep an eye on my twitter feed next week as I have got 5 packs of 6 to give away as a competition.