In comparison to last week this week has been a bit of a slog. It feels like two weeks has passed and I don’t really feel like I have achieved much. This annoys me! Let’s talk about the weather… It’s been a bit nicer this week so I’ve got some really good happy moments from when the sun was shining. Then it rained all day today and I’ve had to dig for todays happy highlight. Time to get on with my happy bits from the week.
– It was Daves birthday at the weekend. The decision of our adventure was up to him. He is a bit of a closet train enthusiast and requested a trip on some old engines that are running on the lines near us. For those of you who may be in the know these are class 37’s and we got to ride on Lord Hinton:
We caught the train out to Seascales in West Cumbria and then walked along the beach to Millom. A nice pleasant 8 mile walk with the sea breeze behind us. Followed by a nice meal out and a train ride home. We then called in at our local by the canal and saw these lovely little ducklings. It’s August, I don’t think I’ve seen ducklings this late before.
– I re-potted a plant. It is now looking as healthy as if I’d just bought it.
– I had a really looooong bath.
– The Robot has become obsessed with lights and light switches, he points at them all the time. It’s making me nervous!
– We had a luxury 2 nights where the Robot slept through the night. A 6.30am wake up but to go all night is just amazing. I’ve not slept a straight 8 hours in a very long time. It was short lived though as he’s back to his usual night mischief again.
– As I mentioned before, the sun came out. Dave hurt his back, I know not particularly good, but it meant he stayed home from work. I bought a paddling pool and set up the garden into play time mode. We all hung out together in the sun.
The paddling pool was a hit
– We went to Brockholes near Windermere with my Mum. We had a picnic next to the crazy golf and watched everyone do the number 5 hole for a couple of hours. I must have been on a different zone though as I didn’t take any photos.
– The Robot is starting to independently stand on his own. Its amazing.
– I’ve been doing a lot of sensory play with the Robot recently and I’ve been teaching him to pick up bits and place them in something else. He must be learning at a very fast rate as I he came and helped me pick up the food he’d chucked at lunch and put them back on my plate. Again it’s amazing!
That’s it for this week. I’m really excited as I have my best friend coming to visit next week. My techy guru so I’ll probably pick her brains and get her to check over my blog! What have you got planned?