I’m pretty sure if you live in the UK that you would have noticed the mini heat wave we had this week. I say mini because if you live up North like me it really was only 1 day. Day 2 saw thunder, lightning and a whole load of rain! It’s turned out warm again but thankfully not horribly hot.
It’s been a jam-packed week of fun and madness, Let’s have a look at the happy highlights of the week:
– We had our annual family party at Mums house. It’s always great to catch up with my cousins. Also the next generation of 2nd cousins. It’s lovely to see them playing together. The Robot took it all in his stride and was a “little treasure”.
– My Mum came with us on a trip to Grange over Sands. We caught the train and had a picnic in the community orchard. It was just great to sit in the shade and enjoy the light breeze.
– The Robot and I had a private showing of Absolutely Fabulous at the cinema… Well, it was a trial baby screening and we were the only ones that showed up. Needless to say, it won’t happen again.
– I successfully made my first Quiche.
– The Robot and I got outside on our bike. I bought him a Thudguard helmet and he wore it like it a pro. I feel safer now.
– I love ICE CREAM! I don’t normally need excuses to eat ice cream but I have eaten a lot this week. The Robot had his first ice lolly.
– We went to Leeds to visit my friend. We played in the park and ate more ice cream. Charlotte introduced me to Pokemon Go, I’m undecided whether I need it in my life!
– Watching Robot watch the cats at my friend’s house.
– A mini walk with Dave between jobs. It was good to catch up with him, he’s worked 12 days straight and I’ve hardly seen him. He has this weekend off so looking forward to going on an adventure with him.
– The Robot & I went to Lakeland Wildlife Oasis. It’s so close to home that I bought annual membership, we can go visit all year now. Meerkat fun to be had!
– I’m really starting to get into some good messy play activities with the Robot. I’ve just done a foamy one for next weeks #ABC123 Play blog, it’s epic!
– Little plug for some Pinterest love… Why not follow me on Pinterest? I’ve just pinned 1000 pins!
I realised that the past 2 weekends I’ve not focused on anything for This Little Big Life. We don’t tend to have “family time” every weekend and often find the little things are missed, I know this is the point. Limiting myself to two days is tough so instead I have bought together some of the little things over the whole week to share with you in video form, I’ll win no Oscars for this one!
Hope you have all had a great week? I’ll look forward to catching up with your stories soon…