Welcome to A Brand New Day! A New Linky to fill you with aspiration when you feel like you may be struggling alone.
A Brand New Day has come about because everyone needs an opportunity to start again. Draw a line under yesterdays bad day and start #ABrandNewDay. As parents I feel we sometimes set ourselves up for a fail and we don’t always recognise all the good stuff we do around that. A healthy meal, a trip to the park, a walk around the block. All these little steps lead to a healthier life style.
Now I don’t mean to sound preachy. I am not obsessed with my health, I don’t expect others to be obsessed either. I just like to read about other peoples steps they take to creating a happy healthy family lifestyle. I have days when I eat my weight in chocolate. I hide in the kitchen and eat cake while the rest of the family are in another room. Tell me these stories too, by acknowledging them we can draw a line under them and have a healthier day the on #ABrandNewDay!
Since becoming a Mum to my baby Robot, I have been working towards getting fitter. The by product of this is that I have been losing weight too. I’ve never been a dieter, I like food too much, I have always managed my weight with exercise. Having a small person to factor into my daily tasks mean that finding time to exercise is a challenge in itself. I found this article on Finding Time for Exercise rather useful. Me and the Robot walk a lot, we pace the mean streets daily.
One thing I have started this week is the 5×50 Challenge. Walk, run, cycle 5k a day for 50 days. An hours exercise class and swimming counts too! I completed it in 2014 so know I can do it, but I do worry that if the Robot is having a bad day I might struggle!
The Robot is my main inspiration behind doing this, he’s my inspiration behind most things nowadays though. As he grows up I want to be able to keep up with him, inspire him to be healthy and want to exercise and be outdoors himself. I feel children learn from the actions of their parents and if we’re seen to be healthy, exercise and try then they are more likely to do the same.
A brand new day!
The Linky runs from Tuesday 8am to Thursday 10pm and I invite you to add posts related around exercise, weight loss and personal goals. Maybe you have a healthy recipe, exercise tips, struggles with motivation, a family day out that wore you out are all valid ideas, be creative and please join our blogger community and Link Up!
#ABrandNewDay Linky Rules:
- The linky will be open from Tuesday 8am to Thursday 10pm GMT.
- Add the #abrandnewday badge to the HTML / Text portion in your post. If you need any help linking up, just email me at email@example.com
- Please comment on one of my posts, the post directly before yours & one other. Do comment on more if you have time but please do three as a minimum! The more comments you leave, the more comments you get back in return & that strengthens our community.
- Please Follow me on Twitter @IsntitprettyKTB and Like me on Facebook use #ABrandNewDay as much as you can.
- By Joining the linky you are giving me permission to email you a weekly reminder. (I promise no spam!)
- Link a maximum of 2 posts per week old or new.
I will comment on all linked posts. If you tweet me (@IsntitprettyKTB) your link I will RT you. Please share the love!